Thursday 5 February 2009

It’s been a while

 

I don’t seem to have written for ages! I’ve spent the last couple of days just wondering what I could blog about and, as it turns out, I’m not too good at thinking!

So, I’ve got myself to sit down in front of my computer and just write – hopefully something constructive will appear…

 

Nothing to report here at Link_ Towers though, I’m afraid! There aren’t even any news stories that are really grasping my attention.

Except for the weather. How British am I? My, how much do the BBC want to broadcast nationally the fact that it has snowed in London! I feel like I know the entire lay out of all Heathrow runways, every Tube station and about 9 of the major bus routes. I’m not even exaggerating. This riles me! I wish the BBC (ITV aren’t that bad) would learn that London is not a nation and, therefore, should not constitute 80% of air time during the 6 o clock NATIONAL news. Ok, ok, they may not have mentioned London all of the time, but really, Milton Keynes isn’t much better.

Also, I think that these last few days have displayed a fantastic incompetence on behalf of the Weather Centre at actually forecasting the weather! Where I live, the forecast changed 3 times for that night, and, in the end, the “half a meter of snow” came as rain! C’mon, It’s 2009! The technology we have these days is amazing. I think someone needs to invest in some decent Weather…erm…Computers…? and throw out their dated, hearing aid beige machines of the Seventies.

 

 

Bring back Michael Fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment