Monday 5 January 2009

First day back at work.

Well, today was my first day back at work - how awful it was!

To understand why, here's a few things you should know about me:-

I work as a caterer in a small restaurant in Newcastle. Why a 'caterer' and not a chef? Well, as glamourous as the title "Chef Link_" sounds, one can hardly call what I do cooking!
As you can tell, I'm really proud of where I work (!)
I prefer not to say for which company I work for but it's easily guessed. Why not leave your guess as a comment? First to guess correctly wins absolutely nothing!

Please don't judge me for where I work. It was a part time thing to get my through my studies. Now, I'm full time. Don't worry though, I can go to University in September if my career aspirations don't work out - The Police Force.

I digress.

The reason work was so awful was that it was just so boring! It's January - Everyone's on a New Years Resolution and nobody wants their greasy breakfasts anymore. They want apples and fruit smoothy juices. However, we don't sell 'em!
I need stimulation to get me through my day and pacing up and down behind the counter just doesn't suit. It is good exercise though, it set me up for the gym afterwards anyways!

Well, I'm back there in about 8 hours.

Things can only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment