Thursday 15 January 2009

Gym'll Fix It

My stomach is sore. My legs are hurting. My arms and shoulders barely move. I think I'm dead.

Ok, I exagerate. I'm still alive, just.

I've been to the gym! And don't I feel better off for it! Erm, No.
I don't believe, in my heart of hearts that exercise is good for you. Despite what experts say.

Our bodies are programmed with a 'Fight or Flight' response to most things, including pain. Exercise hurts our (my) muscles and, to be honest, I'd much rather be running, or rather driving, away from this pain than feeling the burn of each and every 'rep'.

I don't see how people enjoy this torture! No pain, No gain, they say with a knowing smile. Or, is that the smile of a liar? I think the latter!

If I'm honest though, the one thing I am enjoying about the Gym is seeing the results in the mirror. This I suppose is what makes exercise so addictive to so many. You don't often see a happy morbidly obese person (except for the jolly ones!) but you do see happy, healthy, thin, muscular, toned people. This is because they're addicted to exercise! I must say, I'm being converted.

I'll be back there tomorrow.




...Now...where are my KitKats...?

No comments:

Post a Comment